Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Seeing Red...

Today was long but so rewarding. Mom and I were able to get a good start on our tomatoes for the year. A semi truck near North Platte was loaded wrong and all the 96 lugs had to be got rid of. My aunt called and said we could have any we want but they had to be put up right away as they were going to start spoiling within days. We took the last 6 lugs that where not spoken for. This was just a blessing for me as my garden is not doing so great this year and it is looking like I will get very little that I will be able to can.
Just for my family we can go through about
100 quarts of tomatoes a year, it is so nice to have them put up and in our food storage. We started at 7:45am this morning and worked till 5:30pm then took a break and went out to the lake and played on the boat and tubed for a few hours and then back home to finish the last of the tomatoes. I am afraid I will be seeing red for a few days as there is juice splattered all over the kitchen. I did get the floor mopped and the walls will be left for tomorrow, I am so sleepy and daycare will be coming early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment