Friday, October 1, 2010

My Calling...

I have known from a very young age that I enjoyed children...I always wanted to be a mommy!! I had a very special Aunt that was a big part of my life and as a child and young woman I knew I wanted to be just like her. She was always doing something for her kids or involved in whatever they were doing at that point in their life. I still look up to her in every way and pray that I can be as wonderful as she. I do believe children are my calling and I am so thankful that Heavenly Father has given me two wonderful boys, but I am also so blessed to have 8 other children that are just as much mine. I get to help teach them and watch them grow into the amazing kids they are.

This week Chandler's class has been working on the letter "T" so I made a Treasure Chest cake for snack today. It turned out so cute!! I also sent a treasure for each child to take home with them. I love the wonderful things Chandler's teacher is doing for his class and if I can help out by adding a little fun to the learning I am always up for that challange.


This week I have taught Avery how to sew with a sewing machine...she is hooked-that is all she wants to do. (I understand the feeling) We made her this super cute American Girl Doll Quilt and then this morning we made her this pillow sham and little pillow.

Gran said that we could use her little sewing machine she had bought for the grandkids to sew on and I think we may have to use it so Avery can get scraps and just sew whatever she wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment