Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Whole New Light...

For some time my friend and I have been thinking we would like to
'Renew' our light fixtures.   
Last Friday as Chandler was home sick I did a little blog surfing and had come across a gal who had made a neat candle chandelier out of her old kitchen light (which had looked very similar to my hideous gold fixture above my kitchen table)  I just wanted to get to redoing mine right away-I could not wait much longer I was very close to flippin the breaker myself. 
So this morning Joe took down both fixtures
 in the kitchen and I began painting. 

 After getting them down and clean, I covered the light
socket with painters tape.
Than spray painted Black, I had to do three coats.  I also tried antiquing it with white around the edges but I did not care for i-so painted it back all black.

 Once it was dry Joe hung it back up!

I am pretty pleased with how it turned out-best of all it cost $6.98
for the paint and now I have two new fixtures!!! 
Julie it is a MUST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment