Wednesday, November 30, 2011

This was the first year that Riley got to carry his gun and shoot his own
Turkey, this was a big deal for him and I have to admit a little scary for this
 mom. (I am a worry wort what can I say)  Ry got TWO turkeys with one
shot, they where standing one in front of the other and when he shot
they both went down.  What a great first hunt story!

 We actully love Wild Turkey-I took the smaller one and boiled
it with just salt and pepper till it was falling off the bone.

 then cleaned it off the bone and shred,
mixed 1 can Cream of Chicken, 6 oz Sour Cream,
3 Tablespoons Milk, and 1 Tablespoon Onion Onion
(or drided onions)

 spread in a baking dish than make 1 box of Stove Top
Stuffing (we like Chicken) and spread over top.

Bake in oven at 350 till bubbly hot.

Supper was very yummy and nothing can beat a proud child!  Riley was so
excited that this dish was his turkey.  At supper he said "I am proud to know
if my family was starving I could make sure there was food on the table"  Melted My Heart! 

F.Y.I.-You do not have to go out and shot a Turkey for this tasty dish,
use leftover Turkey or even sherdded Chicken works great!

No comments:

Post a Comment