Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools...

Today being April Fools I had to do something fun for a very forgotten Holiday! Thanks to a face book friend posting a picture of her cupcakes made me remember that I had a great blog saved with this Hamburger and French Fry cupcake recipe. I made them for each of the boys class!



This morning I pulled two great April Fools jokes on my boys. I took a fruit can with a pull top and opened it from the bottom and washed it out.



Then filled it with candy.

Added paper so that the candy would not rattle.

Super Glued the bottom back on so it looked normal. I put one in Joe's lunch for the trip...then with the boys I changed the clocks a hour late and woke them up and told them we were very late for school and had to race out the door. I grabbed them spoons and a "can of fruit" for the road. They jumped in the van and opened, I got them! Then Ry said "mom it is only 7:23am" April Fools got them again! We went out for donuts. It was fun, they ate their words, as last night they were telling Traci and I how boring we were...but today said WE ROCK!!!

Traci and I also played a joke on the kids teachers!

I have gained a greater appreciation for those that work with our children each and every day. They put up with so much that most cannot even begin to dream. So just to lighten the day and add a little laughter to the day, we made these really Yummy chocolate cupcakes, filled with a chocolate cream filling, (a fake bug) in the middle.

Then a peanut butter cup on top with chocolate shavings.

We got some good laughs ourselves when the teachers told us about eating them!

No comments:

Post a Comment