Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Maybe a little TOO MUCH...

Riley and Chandler have been begging for a desk for over 8 months now...not that I didn't want them to have them I just had no idea how I was going to get a desk in their room to fit nice. I have been looking online and at Office Max for them the just right one for a while now. Then at Walmart they started putting the BACK TO SCHOOL stuff on sale. I was able to get them a small desk for $17 and chairs for $14 a piece. I couldn't pass it up as the ones so far I had found were $79 just for the desk.

So then on Labor Day as we were deep cleaning and organizing Chandler asked "can we ever get bunk beds again since daddy broke ours" funny he had asked as I was looking at loft beds as a way to give their room more space for their desk. I found loft beds on sale for $129...this leads into, painting the room (it has been 8 years since it was last painted and the tape marks from the boys hanging up their pictures and projects have gotten a little out of hand) So before painting we have to remove the boarder. No big deal right (Joey knew of this magical stripper that they had used on his dads clinic) Well it didn't work for us in the same, way we have a mess. The wall paper stripper has removed the paper, the paint, but left the glue?!?!? It left a spot that was clear down to drywall. It works but maybe a little TOO MUCH. I know I will like the fresh new look once we get done!


P.S. the boys don't know about the desk!!
Boys walls before

paper is coming off but so it the paint....AAHHH



Joe and Avery mudding the holes, dents and paintless spots

Joe said he felt as if he was filling the kids last 8 years of childhood memories...Avery
said "I only made 1 of those holes" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment