Monday, September 20, 2010

A need to Retreat...

I went to Prairie Point Junction's quilt retreat over the weekend. It was a great weekend of getting projects done and of course enjoying the uninterupted sewing, great food and friends.

It was quite hard for me all weekend to shake the feelings of loss of Ethan...the day he died I was out at camp at quilt retreat...I know it is something I have to contiue to learn to deal with but being back for the first time was really hard.

I did get a UFO finished which is always a great feeling. Designer Heather Mulder Peterson gave a wonderful trunk show...I loved her outlook on quilting! She also showed the look of a double needle on a few of her pillow shams and so I had to try it. I am in LOVE!!

this is one of three American Girl Doll Quilts I made for Ava
(you cannot see it but I used my double needle)


I also worked on my block of the month. I am only 5 months behind :)
I did get all the yellow and white shashing and nine patch done for the whole quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment