Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Crockpot Chicken Parmesan...

Chicken Parmesan
4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 egg
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
1 jar of your favoite Marinara Sauce

Directions:
-spread 1Tbs. olive oil into the bottom of the crockpot
(I just coated crockpot with ov oil spray)
-whip egg with fork on a plate
-mix bread crumbs w/ seasonings and parmesan cheese on another plate
-dip chicken into egg then coat w/ bread crumbs mixture
-place chicken in crockpot
-layer mozzarella cheese on top
-cover w/entire jar of marinara sauce
-I topped with the leftover breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese mixture
-cover & let cook on low 6 hours if chicken if frozen 4 hours if not
-serve w/ your favorite pasta

This was so easy and very tasty! We had a garden salad,
steamed snapped peas, and jello salad with it.


I might try this one in the oven next time,
the chicken was so tender that it fell apart
when I went to serve it...not that it was any less yummy!!
Only for presentation.

I also made my own Bread Crumbs...I did not realize
how pricey they are at the store.
After making them myself I will not ever buy them again.

Bread Crumbs
-1 bag of hamburger buns
or any bread you have at home you can use
white and wheat, even homemade
-toast in oven at 350 for 8 minutes turn over and toast another 8 minutes
-take toasted bread and put in the food processer tell they are crumbs

Yes that is it!!! Most recipes will call for the seasonings that needs to be added
so you don't have to worry about seasoning until you go to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment