Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Primary Parent Dinner...

Tonight was not a meal at home, so no crockpot cooking for me...BUT we did have a wonderful dinner. The primary kids had a parent dinner and we had great fun!

When planning for the year I told the kids about a parent dinner I served my parents when I was a child and how we gave them crazy utensils to eat with and trash bags to wear. The kids of course got a kick out of this idea and REALLY wanted to plan a parent dinner like it for their parents! Of course I was totally on board (how could I not be...I was the one giving them the idea and I was the leader so I didn't have on the trash bag ;)

They first served a garden salad, than spaghetti with meatballs, corn, garlic bread, and then a warm fruit struedel with ice cream. The kids really had a great time and I hope this activity is something they will remember doing with their parents like I. We did get some good laughs!!!
Riley "eating" with his Ice Cream Scoop and Daddy with his Melon Baller

No comments:

Post a Comment