Thursday, March 3, 2011

Read Across America Week...




Wednesday was "Go To Sleep With A Good Book"
(wear pajamas to school)



Today was "Plan Your Future With a Good Book"

(dress up for your career goal)


This is Read Across America Week to celebrate Dr. Suess' Birthday at school. Tuesday they got to wear their favorite hats and Friday it is "Go Big Read Day" and get to wear their favorite team apparel. We have always enjoyed this fun week each year but today was really hard for Riley, he just could not decied what he wanted to be for career day and everything I would suggest he would say "but that is not what I will be when I grow up" I tried to help him understand this was more for fun and it didn't matter if he would not become it down the road but he just was not having it...until it was time to walk out the door. Then he wanted to wear something. So daddy went out to his car and got his rail road stuff, Ry was okay with it but he did say on the way to school "I think being a rail roader is more my third choice for a career" the poor boy just had a hard time with this one :) Chandler knew he wanted to be a builder today but he told me... "I am going to be a paleontoligist for real"



Burrito Lasagna


2 lbs. browned ground beef


1 pkg. taco seasoning


8 oz. cheddar cheese


16 oz. refried beans (I made my own refried beans)


16 oz. sour cream


8 oz. salsa


5 flour tortillas


-layer beef, tortilla, refried beans, sour cream, chedder cheese in a deep dish or pan. Repeat. Pour salsa on top. Cover with tin foil and Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes, take foil off and bake for 10 more minutes. Serve hot with lettuce and tomatos on top. (I do not pour the salsa on before baking we wait till it comes out of the oven because the boys don't care for salsa)


Now for my Crockpot recipe for tonights meal...


Queso Dip


1 can of Rotel undrained


1-16 oz box of Velveeta Cheese cut into 1 inch cubes


-put in crock pot and put on low for 2 hours stirring frequently

No comments:

Post a Comment