Thursday, March 24, 2011

Jones Brothers Cupcakes...

I love to watch Cupcake Wars on the Food Network on Tuesdays nights and it was exciting to see Jones Brothers Cupcakes of Omaha competing. I had not known of them before the show but since, have wanted to go and enjoy one of their lovely cupcakes. I was hoping to have the time to stop last week while we were in Omaha to get one but when you have 5 girls it is hard to get every where you want (don't get me wrong we had ourselves some amazing desserts). The next time I am in Omaha and have a moment I will be stopping at Jones Brothers Cupcakes!!!

So when Traci was coming home Tuesday night from Minnesota she made a special stop in Omaha and brought me four of their beautiful cupcakes as a surprise. Today we got together after lunch and had one of our cupcakes together. It was so delicious in every way and it is always a bouns to have a reason to spend a little time with a friend!!
Sweet & Salty


Lemon


Black & White

Vanilla

For the past year or so I have been enjoying making my own pretty cupcakes/cakes. They don't look or taste anything like these but it has been a lot of fun. I think the whole desire for me has been because of watching the Food Network or TLC's shows. For Christmas I got a huge cake decorating kit full of tips and bags and a large amount of different sizes and shapes of cake pans. My mom is amazing at cake decorating and I have always been in love with how she always made it look so easy. Even when she would do roses, she made it look so simple...I am not there yet by any means and problably never will have her talent but it is sure fun trying!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment