Monday, March 14, 2011

Repent...

For lunch I used the leftover Tex-Mex Chicken and made a crescent wrap.



Tonight I made...
Savory Split Pea Soup
8 oz smoked sausage cut into 1/2 pieces
(I used ham just because that is what I had on hand)
3 medium carrots, sliced
1-16 oz bag of dried split peas, rinsed
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 bay leaf
2 cans chicken broth
-brown sausage in skillet (I browned my ham) place everything in the crockpot
and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. Discard bay leaf.
-my soup was really thick I had to add one more can of chicken broth and 1 cup of water.

This soup was really full of flavor and so good. I was starting to worry but it went over so well at the dinner table. Joe and I love split pea soup but could only imagine the whining that would come from the boys. They are not pickey eaters but I was affraid that the words SPLIT PEA was going to make them not want to try. That was not the case, Chandler was shovling it in.
Everyone really did enjoy!!!
I also made cinnamon rolls to go with our yummy soup!


After seeing the pictures of all the food I ate just today I think I should be the one repenting...


This morning we woke up a hour late...so as we were running around trying to get out the door Chandler did not want to go to school twice he came and told me his tummy hurt. I knew he was not 100% truthful with me and that he was just dragging his feet. When Joe came home from taking the boys to school this is what had been said...
Chandler "Dad does it say in the bible that you must tell your parents when you repent"?
Joe "No, it does say you must tell those that you have wronged that you are sorry and promise not to make the wrong again, why"?
Chandler "I repented three times"
Joe "what did you do to need to repent"?
Chandler "I was naughty at school last week and I thought my punishment from Mrs. Lindstedt was big enough and did not want you and mom to punish me again,
is that the same as lying"?
Joe explained that hiding the truth from us is that same as lying, but we are proud of him for telling us and that he went to Heavenly Father and repented.

I have to say I was rolling when Joe was telling me of the conversation, Chandler is a funny little boy, and when he is so serious it sometimes is even funnier!

No comments:

Post a Comment