Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A New Love...

So I have only had one tried and true crockpot recipe (the best pot roast ever) I really have never had anything made in the crockpot that I could not make in the oven and always thought I liked it out of the oven better. Well, 2 weeks ago after reading a blog I follow that had a Lemon Chicken crockpot recipe that sounded good and really easy...I went straight into the kitchen and made it and got it in the crockpot. By supper time it was smelling so wonderful and then all I had to do was make rice and a salad. We had a YUMMY hot meal that took me 10 minutes. The boys LOVED it, Ry ate two huge helpings. So that made me want to find another crockpot recipe to try, I then went back to the internet and found a great blog that is 365 days of crockpot recipes. http://crockpot364.blogspot.com/ Last week I made 4 more new recipes and we loved the next just as much or more then the first.
I have decided I am going to challenge myself and use the crockpot each evening meal we eat at home this month...can I do it??? So this month I am going to blog about each.


Tonight...Whole Chicken

-Thawed whole chicken (if you are buying chicken from the store a whole chicken is the best for your buck, you pay big for someone to cut it up for you)
-Spray your crockpot with Olive oil or Pam
-Place whole chicken in crockpot
-pour in 2 cups of water
-1 Tbs. of McCormick 1 Step Chicken Seasoning or your favorite Chicken Seasoning
-Season with salt and pepper
-Cook on High for 4 hours then turn to Low for 4 hours


We had chicken on small egg noodles with Pesto Sauce, Corn and Garden Salad
Then with the leftover chicken I picked off the bone and made Chicken Salad for Sandwhiches &
Chicken and Stuffing
3 cups of cooked pulled chicken
8 oz. sour cream
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
-Mix all together and put in the bottom of a 8x8 baking dish
-Make a box of Stove Top Stuffing and spread over top of chicken mixture.
-Bake in oven at 350 for 30 minutes just till it is hot and bubbly

3 great meals with very little work on my part!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment