Sunday, March 13, 2011

The end of a great weekend...

Thursday night we went to Broken Bow to have dinner with Gran, we went to the movie Rango (two humbs DOWN) then a little hot tubing!! We had a wonderful family night out.

I got to spend Friday and Saturday sewing with my dear friends! I was able to finished my 30's block of the month for 2010, and worked on Joe's Hobo quilt.


For crockpot recipes this weekend we had
Slow Cook Lasagna
1 lb. Italian Sausage
1 med onion chopped
2 jars of favorite Italian sauce (I only used a jar and half)
2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups mozzarrella shredded (save 1 cup for the top at the end)
1-15oz ricotta cheese (I use cottage cheese my boys won't eat ricotta)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese (save a little for the top)
10 to 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
-layer and cook on low for 4 hours (6 hours is way to long) About 10 minutes before you eat sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan on top and let melt.
We all thought this one was good!
Tonight I made!!!
Tex-Mex Chicken
1lb. boneless chicken cut into strips
2 Tbs taco seasoning
2 Tbs flour
1 small green peeper cut into strips
1 small red pepper cut into strips
1 cup frozen corn (I used canned corn from the freezer)
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 cup shredded chedder cheese
-Toss chicken with seasoning and flour, place in bottom of crockpot and add all ingredients but cheese. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours. 10 minutes before serving add the cup of cheese and let melt. You can eat this on a bed of rice or in a tortilla.

I made homemade tortillas tonight...I have been craving them all week.



Whatz better than a great Mexican dish with a Strawberry Daquiri? This may be the boys favorite part of supper...MAYBE

We finished with a piece of Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment